Patients who understand diabetes are better able to manage their disease. People with type-2 diabetes are at risk for serious health conditions. Controlling your diabetes means living a longer, healthier life and lowering your risk of developing heart disease, stroke, eye disease, kidney failure, gum disease and other complications.
Diabetes education helps patients by:
- Empowering patients to understand and take control of their diabetes.
- Helping patients to track critical numbers, including blood pressure, cholesterol and A1C
- Teaching the importance of eating a healthy diet, being active, taking medication as prescribed, controlling weight and checking blood sugar levels.
Classes are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6pm at Blue Grass church located at 14200 Petersburg Road, Evansville. For more information EMAIL Joni Bitzer.
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, January 9th at 6pm in room 1007/1008 at our Main Campus. Join us as Jane Hackert, Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator, discusses menu planning and portion control for those with Diabetes.
- 37Email Prayer ChainTo pray for the needs of others at their request or the request of a friend or loved one. To be added to the prayer chain or to receive the emailed requests, email the church office.Feed My SheepAn outreach ministry for senior citizens in the community. Meals are served…
- 33Blue Grass is committed to the spiritual, physical and emotional health of our community. We strive to bring you practical, useful and potentially life saving information from our Faith Community Nurse, Joni Bitzer that will help you live well. Monthly Health Screenings On the first Sunday of each month, we offer blood…